Special Assistant to the CEO
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: President & CEO
The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation seeks a full-time Special Assistant to the CEO to work closely with the new CEO to support an illustrious Board and advance strategic initiatives. The Special Assistant will serve as Board liaison, provide administrative support, and drive special initiatives.
Serve as Board liaison (~25%)
- Organize Board meetings and social events
- Schedule and support meetings of the Board and its Committees
- Draft meeting minutes
- Develop and distribute Board materials
Provide administrative support to the President & CEO (~25%)
- Schedule and organize multi-party meetings
- Compile expense reports
- Make travel arrangements, as needed
Advance special initiatives (~50%)
- Research best practices
- Write and edit marketing and donor communications
- Analyze donor and customer data
- Assist with social media
- Prepare reports
- Assist fundraising efforts through donor research, event support, etc.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Advancement Officer, and Chief Financial Officer, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence at multi-tasking and prioritization and in working both collaboratively and independently
- Results-driven, collaborative, detail-oriented, positive, and calm under pressure
- Passionate about the Foundation’s mission and the areas of immigration, historic preservation, and parks
This is a full-time position with full benefits.
- The work hours are generally Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, but flexibility is required for occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Generally this position will work from the Foundation’s offices, though 1-2 days/week of remote work may be possible.
Please email one-page cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with the job title in the subject
line. Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name. No phone calls, please.